Baby badly burned in freak NZ car seat fire

Baby badly burned in freak NZ car seat fire

Share this post

A five-month old baby in New Zealand has suffered serious injuries after being burned as he sat in his capsule in an Auckland house.

The baby’s uncle said a light bulb exploded above where the baby was sleeping in their Randwick Park house last night.

“We got home and the baby was still in his car seat. We placed him in the room. He was under a light and the light blew and the material under the light caught fire,” the uncle told Stuff.

READ MORE: Prison for dad whose gender reveal party sparked deadly US wildfire

READ ALSO  YouLend secures deal with J.P. Morgan to extend £4 billion in additional financing to SMEs

The baby was injured when the capsule they were sleeping in caught fire after a light exploded, his uncle said

“I put baby down. I made a coffee and took it to my mum, and as I did this I could hear the baby crying.”

The baby was transported to Middlemore Hospital in a serious condition.

The uncle said the baby was having surgery for head injuries today.

The fire was reported around 9.30pm at an address on Ironstone Place in Randwick Park.

READ ALSO 
GOP has 'best map' in decade, can win Senate, says campaign chief

READ MORE: Police have identified the woman who opened fire in a Houston megachurch

All that remains of a car seat that caught alight.

This article has been reproduced with permission from Stuff.co.nz.

Go to Source

Leave Your Comment

Newsbreakforum