<div>Man charged after incident on bridge in Melbourne’s CBD</div>

Man charged after incident on bridge in Melbourne’s CBD

Share this post

A man has been charged after an incident on the Princes Street Bridge in Melbourne‘s CBD on Friday night.

The 20-year-old from Pakenham was charged this afternoon with two counts of common law assault, two counts of assault protective services officer, two counts of threaten to assault protective services officer and reckless conduct endangering person.

He had a bedside hearing and was remanded to appear at Melbourne Magistrates’ Court on May 7.

READ ALSO  Google One hits 100 million subscribers

READ MORE: Half a million Victorian homes without power after major storms lash state

A man has been charged after an incident on the Princes Street Bridge in Melbourne's CBD on Friday night.

Police said the charges followed an incident where the man was shot by a protective services officer (PSO) after allegedly threatening another PSO.

Police and PSOs had been responding to an unrelated incident on the Princes Street Bridge just after 5.30pm on Friday.

It will be alleged a man, armed with broken glass, confronted several PSOs and made a verbal threat towards one.

READ ALSO 
How does 'Abbott Elementary' cast its mind-blowing guest stars?

READ MORE: French man who climbed Melbourne skyscraper claims it wasn’t for fame

Two used pepper spray, which police said did not appear to have any effect.

One officer then discharged his firearm, with the man being struck once.

He was taken to hospital with non-life threatening injuries.

Police said the incident was not terror related.

The incident was investigated by detectives from the armed crime squad with oversight from Professional Standards Command, which is standard protocol when a firearm is used.

READ ALSO  Russian tyrant Vladimir Putin, 71, has grown close to ‘Barbie lookalike’ censorship chief, 39

Go to Source

Leave Your Comment

Newsbreakforum