<div>‘Rest in peace sweet innocent children’: Tributes left at home where three kids died</div>

‘Rest in peace sweet innocent children’: Tributes left at home where three kids died

Share this post
Listen to this article

Flowers and candles have been left outside a Sydney home where three children were killed in a fire.

The tributes are growing at the home in Lalor Park in Blacktown in Sydney’s west, amid the allegation a father tried to stop emergency services from saving them. 

‘Rest in peace sweet innocent children’ one message left on a bunch of flowers said.

Police and investigators are combing the Lalor Park home after the blaze which started around 1am on Sunday.

READ MORE: Woman dies after stabbing in Sydney home, man seen fleeing

Two boys aged three and six years old were given CPR on the street but they couldn’t be saved and a baby girl was found dead inside the home.

READ ALSO  US to fund digital twin research in semiconductors

As rescue crews, emergency services and locals battled powerful flames, Dean Heasman, 28, was allegedly pushing the children back in.

A nine-year-old girl and three boys aged four, seven and 11 were taken to Westmead Hospital, where a 29-year-old woman was also treated.

READ MORE: Missing children from Gold Coast found safe and unharmed

Meanwhile, a neighbour who ran into the burning house to save four children says he is not a hero.

Jarrod Hawkins said he knew his daughter’s school friend was inside.

He barged his way in and got three boys and a girl out, before emergency services arrived.

”The front door was locked, but I kept shoulder-barging it until I smashed it in,” he told the Sydney Morning Herald

“There was too much smoke, I couldn’t see a thing, but I knew the daughter was inside.”

READ ALSO  Who is Ebrahim Raisi, the missing president of Iran?

He told the paper he followed the sound of a child’s cough through the smoke.

He grabbed a girl and carried her out on to the footpath, before re-entering three more times to rescue three of her brothers.

Neighbours called him a hero for what he did.

“I don’t buy into that… I just reacted with what I could do,” he said.

Heasman remains in an induced coma under police guard.

“We’re alleging that 28-year-old man took direct actions to prevent the rescue of those young lives that were lost,” NSW Police Homicide Squad Superintendent Danny Doherty said.

READ MORE: Mount Everest’s highest camp is littered with frozen garbage, and cleanup is likely to take years

Neighbours said the surviving children allegedly told them the man ordered them to stay inside the home as it burned, one of them claiming he tried to fight in a bid to save his siblings

READ ALSO  Bertoletti wins first Mustard Belt sans Chestnut

Residents claimed they saw the man attempting to drag the terrified children back inside.

They said he was shouting “leave me here to die”.

Go to Source

Leave Your Comment