Terrifying moment tourist raced to rescue Brit fatally struck by lightening off Rhodes beach as tributes pour in

Terrifying moment tourist raced to rescue Brit fatally struck by lightening off Rhodes beach as tributes pour in

Share this post
Listen to this article

A TOURIST has told of the terrifying moment he raced to rescue a Brit who was fatally struck by lightening off a Rhodes beach – as tributes pour in.

Scott Seddon, 26, was paddleboarding in the Agia Agathi area of Rhodes in Greece when he was electrocuted on Monday.

Scott Seddon was killed after being struck by lightning in Greece
The 26-year-old was paddleboarding at a beach in Rhodes

Scott’s family have been left ‘heartbroken’[/caption]

His girlfriend screamed “come out, come out” as lightning started hitting the area – before horrified beachgoers watched him get struck, according to local Greek media.

Tourist Wander Machado, 47 – from Brazil – then bravely rushed into the water in a desperate attempt to help the young Brit.

Machado later told Greek publication Rodiaki: “As soon as I got close to him, I saw that he was face down in the water and his face was bruised.

“I immediately knew that every second was crucial and started pulling him to the shore.

“I was worried that the same thing would happen to me as it was still raining but I didn’t stop.”

Machado, who performed first aid as soon as they got out of the water, added: “The man was still alive, I could hear his heart and he had a pulse.

“The EKAV rescuers arrived shortly afterwards and performed all the resuscitation procedures to keep him alive.

“Unfortunately, I found out a little later that he didn’t make it.”

Scott was taken to the Achangelos local state hospital, where he was formally declared dead.

The Central Port Authority of Rhodes has begun an investigation into the incident.

Tributes have since poured in, with friends describing Scott as a generous man.

One friend shared a picture of the keen sportsman on social media with the caption: “Always kind, always generous, always fearless. RIP Scott.”

Commenting on an image posted on Scott’s Instagram page, one pal wrote: “RIP my brother.”

A family friend told Mail Online: “I spoke to his dad and he told me Scott had been electrocuted. He said he was distraught. Steve couldn’t say any more. He’s heartbroken.

“His sister flew out there to be with the rest of the family. Scott was a lovely guy and really popular.

“He used to live in Greece with the family and spoke Greek. He loved it there, but now they go and visit their holiday home there and live back here.”

Seddon attended King David High School in the Wavertree district of Liverpool before going to the nearby St Francis Xavier’s College.

A spokeswoman for the Foreign Office said: “We are supporting the family of a British man who has died in Rhodes and are in contact with the local authorities.”


The horror incident happened in the Agia Agathi area of Rhodes[/caption]

Go to Source

Leave Your Comment